Update Zest theme
A guide to update Zest theme
Each Zest theme purchase includes all future versions of that theme. Regular releases for new versions provide bug fixes, added features, platform requirements, or other improvements.
If you've purchased a paid theme on Shopify Theme Store, you can upgrade to the updated version for free.
In your Shopify admin, open the Themes page of your Online Store.
When a theme update is available, a notification will appear in your theme library.
Click on the notification to read more details.
Then, select Add to theme library to add the updated version to your theme library, or select View release notes to read the new release details.
All code customizations in your theme are not transferred to the new theme version by default.
You need to duplicate and move the code to the new version yourself.
It's worth noting that all customization and third-party app snippets will not be kept in the new updated version. Kindly check the customization code and move it to the new updated version accordingly.
For app integration, we suggest you contact the app providers to assist you with installing the apps.
Duplicate your work before attempting any theme update. If errors are encountered, you can use the duplicated (backup) version to restore to the original function and styling.
- 1.In your Shopify admin > Online store, click Actions.
- 2.Select Duplicate.
- 3.Rename the copied file.
Once you have the theme file ready, you can upload it to your Shopify store.
- 1.From your Shopify dashboard, go to Online Store.
- 2.In the Theme library, select Add theme > Upload zip file.
- 3.In the Upload theme modal, click Add file and select the file you want to upload.
- 4.Click Upload file.
- 1.Locate your old theme > select Actions > Edit code.
- 2.Copy the content of the following files from the current theme and paste them into the same folders in the new version. These files include:
- All edited JSON files in the Templates folder
- The settings_data.json file in the Config folder.
- 3.Re-implement your code modification works (if any).
Files with the green dot are the files you have made changes to.
Any apps that add code to your theme's files will need to be reinstalled. This can be an automatic or manual process depending on the app, so confirm with the app's developer whether removing and adding the app is enough to connect with the new version.
Find the app documentation through the App Store to follow the installation instructions. If you're unfamiliar with this process, you can go to Apps and click View details to find the support email for that Shopify app.