Set up my store as Zest demo
A guide to import Zest demo data onto your store
The theme preset you receive either when trying the theme as a trial or uploading the theme file is the default preset. This default preset is 1 among the 4 demo styles.
If you want to import and set up your store as other demos, make sure your theme is not in the trial mode and follow the steps below.
In each sample data folder, you will see some files in .json format.
For example, in this zest-fleek file, you can find 3 major folders: 'templates', 'sections', and 'config'.
Opening the 'templates' folder, you will see the above .json files.
- 1.From your Shopify dashboard, go to Online Store > Actions > Edit code.
- 2.Open the theme files in the theme code and replace the content with the corresponding files in the sample data folder.
- Templates/index.json: copy and replace the content of the file templates/index.json.
- Config/settings_data.json: copy and replace the content of the file config/settings_data.json.
- Sections/header-group.json: copy and replace the content of the file sections/header-group.json.
Do the same to other files in the folder.
- 3.Save all the changes.
Use the search bar to quickly search and navigate to the theme files you need.