A guide to add a background video
The Video hero section displays an auto-playing video (without sound) to add dynamism into your page.
In this article, we will show you how to add and edit a Video hero section.
- 1.In the theme editor (Customize), click Add section.
- 2.Select Video hero.
- 3.Make necessary changes.
- 4.Save the settings.
Set the container type of the section by selecting the relevant option:
- Default: based on the Container max-width you set in Theme settings > Layout settings.
- Full width: to span the content from right to left and takes the full 100% of the screen's width.
- Use container box: based on the Container width you set in Theme settings > Layout settings.
Adjust the overall Height of the video.
Video type as Shopify hosted requires a
.mp4video file uploaded to your Shopify files.
After selecting the video type, add the video link or select from your Files.
- Content in container box: select the checkbox if you want the content to show inside the Container width that is set in Theme settings > Layout settings.
- Content position: use the dropdown options to change the position of the content on the video (desktop view). Available positions are:
- Top left
- Top center
- Top right
- Middle left
- Middle center
- Middle right
- Bottom left
- Bottom center
- Bottom right
- Text size: set the size of the text as Medium or Large.
- Text color: choose the text color for the video headings and description as Light or Dark.
You can add some custom texts or leave them blank to display the video on its own:
- Heading: enter heading text to display as a section title.
- Subheading: enter subheading text to display below the heading.
- Text: enter a description or extra info to your video. Use the formatting buttons to add bold, italic, or linked text.
You can link to your collections or products or any other page with a custom call-to-action button:
- Button label: add custom text for your call-to-action button.
- Button link: select or paste a link for the call-to-action button.
- Button style: select the style of the button as a Primary button/ Secondary button/ White button/ Underline button.
- Button size: set the size of the button as small/ medium/ large.