Comment on page
Add recipient fields to my gift card product
A guide to enable recipient name, email, and message fields on your gift card product pages
Customers buying a gift card for someone else have the option of completing extra fields for recipient name, email, and message fields. After purchase, a personalized email containing the message and gift card code is sent to the recipient. The customer receives a notification containing the gift card code to confirm that the gift card was sent to the recipient.
A gift card is a special type of product. Its value can be used as payment toward future orders from your online store.
- 1.From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- 2.On the Themes page, navigate to the theme that you want to customize, and click Customize.
- 3.Navigate to the Default product template using the top navigation.
- 4.Select a gift card product in the Preview.
- 5.In the Product information section, click the Buy Buttons block.
- 6.Click the checkbox Show recipient information form for gift card products.
- 7.Click Save.